Friday, January 8, 2010

NEW YEAR and SNOW TIME FUN!

Happy New Year everyone!!!  I still can't believe it is 2010.  I was so tired being up all night with Memphis the night before New Years so me and Danny slept through the start of the new year.  I woke up at 12:05 am and just rolled over and went back to sleep.  I am back to teaching but am now really sick with a high fever and chills.  It is no fun.  Danny is having fun snowboarding with his friend Clint.  Memphis had another accident but everyone tells me that he will have many as he continues to walk.  He was at Day Care and walking with his bottle in his mouth.  As he was walking into the kitchen he tripped.  He ended up with a cut bottom lip, a swollen top lip, a bloody nose, and one of his top teeth was pushed back up into his gums a little.  The gums around it were swollen, bruised and bloody for about 3 days but now it is looking back to normal.  YAY!  And of course it didn't phase him.  He was up and running around again.
Memphis is getting really good at communicating what he wants.  He will bring me his little containers of snacks if he is hungry.  He will bring me his bottle or sippy cup if he is thirsty, and he will bring me a diaper if he is sick of being in a wet one.  He still loves music and is always dancing and running around.  Certainly keeps me on my toes.  He loves to climb too and turning on our stereo full blast.  We finally put the baby proof latches on our kitchen cupboards because that became one of his new places to play.  He is so mad at us because he can't get into anything anymore.  He always gives us these dirty faces when he tries to open one.
I took Memphis out in the snow last week and took some cute pictures.  He sure loved the snow especially getting to finally just play in it and trying to eat it.  Here are the pics...














































3 comments:

  1. How cute! I laughed at the part where you said he gives you dirty looks when he can't open them. I bet inside you were pleased your plan worked. He is growing so fast.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Here I go I am going to add one more addiction to my life. A blog... Hope I can keep up as well as some. But first I need to figure this thing out. wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aleena! I'm so glad you have a blog! Memphis is so stinkin' cute! I love the snow pics! Hope things are going well for your family!

    ReplyDelete