Monday, July 26, 2010

Fun and Family!

We went to the American Fork Steel Days CARNIVAL.  Memphis was in heaven:)  He loved the BOUNCY place and the only ride the carnival workers would let him on (the merry-go-round).  I can't wait to take him next year so that he can go on all the rides he wanted to go on like the little roller coasters.  The look on his face...PRICELESS!






I have been MELTING in this Utah heat and being 8 months pregnant so I was so glad when the time finally came for me to FLY up to Seattle to be with my family for a week!  Danny could not come because he had to  work so it was just me and Memphis.  What a CRAZY traveling experience that I wish NEVER to repeat and what a FUN week for both of us.  My parents and brother live in Woodinville, Washington (NE of Seattle) and my twin sisters drove up from California so my whole FAMILY was there!  LOVE THEM!!!

So my flight to Seattle left at 8am on Sunday morning.  I am not a morning person so I just figured I could get there an hour early.  On our way to the airport a SEAGULL starting flying right in front of me on the freeway and I had cruise control on so I knew if the bird didn't fly faster I would HIT it.  SURE ENOUGH it hit my windshield and left a nasty bird SMEAR.  It BOUNCED off and flew away so I don't know what happened to it and Danny TEASED me about HITTING the state bird!!!  Also on the way I saw a van up ahead on the right side of the freeway backing up and I thought that was WEIRD and as I got closer there was a man's BODY laying in the right lane of the freeway with his leg bent weird.  I SCREAMED and SLAMMED on my brakes (there was no one else on the freeway early Sun morning) and didn't know what to do.  I HAD to get to the airport and the van had stopped so I just figured they had called the POLICE and I heard sirens so I just kept going.  Later that week I found out that it was the body of a 47 year old male and his DEATH was ruled suspicious but I have not seen anything else about it.  AHHHH!!!

So we got to the airport an hour early like I wanted but there was a HUGE line and only two people working the ticket counter!  I had to get a free ticket for Memphis since he is still under two and check in my luggage and Memphis started SCREAMING and wouldn't let us hold him so Danny ran him around the airport while I checked in.  Then Danny had to leave once we got to security and Memphis had a major MELTDOWN and was screaming and kicking and I had his stroller and our carry-on and an 8 month PREGNANT BELLY so I just had a CRYING meltdown myself.  No one came to help me they all just STARED at me so I just balled my way through and tried to keep Memphis from running away.  Then on my way to the terminal I bought breakfast and Memphis was so happy after that!  AHHH!  When I got to my GATE the man taking tickets asked if I was Aleena and said they had been WAITING for me so they could leave.  I was the last to board.  At least they didn't leave without me!  We flew to Boise, ID and there was only 10 people on board so i got a whole row to myself and Memphis had fun climbing all over the seats.  Then in Boise we landed and picked up MORE people so the flight to Seattle was FULL!  I had to put Memphis on my very pregnant lap.  The man next to me was really nice and we chatted and Memphis SLEPT the whole rest of the way!  I was so GLAD once we landed and my brother was there to HELP me get my luggage. Once we got to my parent's house Memphis and I took a 3 hour NAP!!!

The rest of the WEEK was spent visiting Seattle, going to the Seattle Center, buying souveniers, touring the music and science museum, the space needle, pike's place market, going to see Eclipse, seeing aunt, uncle, and cousins, helping clean out our grandma's house, playing games, taking naps, and just enjoying the week together!  Memphis loved playing with his grandparents, aunts, and uncle.  My sister also brought her fiance for us to meet!

Space Needle
Space Needle and Museum
The weather was so nice all week.  Not too hot.  Not to cold.  Sunny!
Pike's Place was so crowded!
Can't miss the flying fish they throw around!
Going for a ride in my parent's convertible!  WEEEEE!
Ok too sunny!
For those of you who have seen Toy Story 3 do you remember this toy in the movie?  My mom found it and said I used to play with this when I was little!
Memphis loved dragging it around:)
My parents have a steep enough drive way so Memphis would take the toy to the top and let it roll down and he would chase after it.  Hours of entertainment right there for all of us:)
Playing with Grandpa!
Uncle Christopher!  All 6 feet 8 in. of him!  Memphis liked being up high and carried around by him.
My sister Annalyn, her fiance Curtis, and their puppy BUG.  They also bought our grandma's car since she passed away.
Auntie SHEESHA!  My sister Alicia and happy Memphis.

I FLEW home Sat night at 7:30 with no stops this time.  When I checked in my suitcase was too HEAVY so it was either pay $50 or take stuff out so my dad helped me and my mom is going to be bringing it when she comes for the baby.  There was only 20 people on the flight so I got a whole row to myself again and Memphis just watched Tarzan on my laptop the whole time so I RELAXED!  So nice:)  We ARRIVED back in Salt Lake at 10pm and FIREWORKS were going on all over Utah for pioneer day and I got to ENJOY them from the airplane.  It was actually really cool to see.  As I was WADDLING my way with Memphis through the airport to meet Danny at the baggage claim a worker asked me if I needed any HELP.  I told here no my husband was waiting for me and as I walked away I heard her talk to another worker and say, "What a site to see...she is crazy to be in that situation!"  Yes I am CRAZY!  But I had FUN and am glad I went and I was so RELIEVED to see Danny!  Memphis was so HAPPY to see his Daddy too:)  WHEW!!!  We made it home safe and we all slept till 11am the next morning.

Now, only a few weeks left of my SUMMER till I have to go back to SCHOOL and have this BABY girl so needless to say I have a lot to do!


1 comment:

  1. Wow what a ride Aleena! I'm so sorry you had some hard times but it sounds like you mostly had a great time :)

    What town do your parents live in? We're looking at towns around Seattle to see which ones we might like to move to.

    ReplyDelete