Monday, November 3, 2014

It's November Already?!

October was a whirlwind and we didn't really even do anything.  We were just all sick most of the month.  It was awful.  I missed a lot of school and so did Kayzee.  Thankfully Memphis hasn't missed any and he was only sick on the weekends.  Thankfully Danny was able to go to work every day.  What a crazy month!

The first weekend in October Danny's family came up to visit.  Danny's sister who is a junior in high school made it to state tennis and the tournament was in Salt Lake.  She WON!!!!  She is amazing and we are all so proud of her.  It was also conference weekend so we enjoyed some sessions together.  It was Danny's dad's birthday and his sister's Jennie's birthday so we had a little party too!

The second weekend in October we had a family date to Trafalga in Lehi.  We got there right when they opened so there wasn't really anyone else there so we did everything a bunch of times without waiting in any lines.  Memphis and Kayzee loved it they still talk about it.

Bumper Boats-We got soaked...or should I say I got soaked by Danny.

 Airplane ride
 Go-Karts
 Miniature Golf
 Frog Hopper
 Mini-bowling
 Ship ride

 Lighthouse ride...Kayzee had to watch first
 Then she finally got on

Our dishwasher died and we had to go buy a new one because we all hate doing dishes at our house.  The best part???  We paid cash.  So nice to have the money for things instead of using a credit card and going into debt.

Memphis had his first parent teacher conference.  He is doing so well.  He struggled at first with following directions and being quiet and sitting still (he is definitely a boy!) but he is doing so much better.  He is also reading, writing, and is excelling at math.  We are so proud of him!

The 3rd weekend in October was our Fall break and we spent it sick!  We all had fevers and sore throats.  I got bronchitis which lasted for 2 weeks!  It was awful.  Not a fun fall break.

Something funny Kayzee said...
Danny picks up the kids from school on Fridays because he gets done with work at noon.  They were driving home and the windows in the car were down.  There was a smoke smell in the air.  Kayzee said, "Daddy, is that smoke?"  "Yes"  "Is Mommy cooking something?"  HAHAHAHA.  I am a distracted mom and I burn dinner a lot.  Thanks Kayzee:)

I now have Memphis in PE every Monday.  It is so much fun!  He is just full of so much energy so it is good for him.  I told him to pretend that I am just his teacher and not his mommy.  He is doing really well.  He also told me which girl he likes and a girl in his class told me she loves Memphis.  Oh dear...

Memphis made this for me!  He said, "Mommy, this is for you because I always love you!"  Melts my heart every time I see it.

The fourth weekend in October I got to go with my friend to Witch Fest!  So much fun eating dinner at Zupas and shopping and seeing everyone dressed up as witches.  What a fun night.

The fourth weekend we all ended up sick again.  Luckily it hits us on the weekends so we don't miss school but we have missed a lot of church.

Update on Kayzee's finger.  Last month she smashed her finger really bad in a bathroom door at her preschool.  It started out like this...
 All bruised up...
And just recently the nail fell off!  So sad.  The nail underneath is growing in weird so hopefully over time it will return to normal.
Halloween weekend was crazy!  Thursday at school Kayzee got to go trick-or-treating to some of the high school classrooms!  That night Memphis and Kayzee went to a Halloween party at their friend's house.  They had so much fun.  Friday the kids got all dressed up for Halloween at school.  Kayzee got to go trick-or-treating at school again.  Memphis had fun at school and I got to see him in our school's Halloween parade!

Memphis the minion!
 Kayzee the witch...AGAIN!  This is the 3rd year she has worn this same costume.  Luckily it has fit all these years.  I tried to get her to be Cinderella with her light up dress but she wanted to be a witch just like me.
My team of witches at school...Art, Music, PE, Computers-watching the parade.
 Memphis during the parade!
 Danny was so excited to pick up Memphis at noon and take him golfing.  They had the day all planned out and Memphis was excited too.  I was going to pick up Kayzee when I got done with school and have a girl's day out.  That did not go as planned.  Danny and Memphis were getting into the golf cart when Kayzee's school called.  She had a fever of 102!  Seriously???  Another fever.  Kayzee was so sick that she couldn't go trick-or-treating.  WORST HALLOWEEN EVER!  She cried all night because she was so sad.  We missed our ward Halloween party and Danny just took Memphis around our neighborhood to a few houses while I stayed home and cuddled with Kayzee watching Halloween shows.  We also made homemade Halloween Pumpkin pizzas.  They were delicious.  Danny is amazing!

To make the weekend better we went and bought a new TV.  Our other one officially died.  Again we were able to pay with cash.  And crazy...while grocery and food prices are going up...the price of tv's is going down.  We were able to buy a much bigger TV for the same price we bought a much smaller TV 5 years ago.  AWESOME!  Coming out of the store there was a huge windstorm.  The wind was so strong it knocked me over and I was holding Kayzee's hand so it pulled her down with me.  Kayzee got all scraped up.  She is just not having a good life right now.  Luckily it didn't knock over Danny who was pushing our new TV on a cart.  I didn't notice that my phone had fallen out of my pocket.  We were driving away when I noticed.  I couldn't find it in the parking lot so I went inside.  Someone was so nice and had turned it in to the lost and found.  Maybe they turned it in because the screen had shattered when I fell.  Luckily I had a special glass screen put over the screen on my phone when I bought the phone.  That had shattered and not the real screen underneath.  We drove over to Verizon and it was only a $30 fix instead of $150.  BONUS...the internet and computers were down because of the storm so they couldn't charge me so it was FREE!  Whew...what a day!

Sunday Danny went to a memorial/funeral for one of his co-workers who just passed away from cancer.  He was so glad he could go.  I took the kids to church so they could practice for the primary program next week.  They both would not say their parts into the microphone.  Little stinkers!  We have been practicing so hopefully they will for the program.  We will see.

Is it really November already?

No comments:

Post a Comment