Sunday, September 4, 2016

August

August was great because Memphis was FINALLY feeling better!  Now we could enjoy our last few weeks of summer together before school began. 
I got to join a grade level team at my school for a summer grant and I aligned my health curriculum with their new literacy curriculum.  We met for 3 days and Memphis and Kayzee had fun playing with their Auntie Nita while I was at the school all day.  There were so many sweets at our meetings but me and another teacher were so good and helped each other NOT eat them! We rock!
I spent so many nights with Memphis during his recovery I told Kayzee I would have a couple sleepovers with her.  One morning I woke up to this sweet face...
 We went swimming a lot at Danny's brother's apartment pool.  So fun to have a free pool to go cool off in and family to hang out with.
 We fell in love with Frisbee golf and have found a lot of courses all over Utah County we are going to try them all out.  I am getting better too!
 The 2nd grade team I did the summer grant with planned an outdoor movie and invited my family.  The teacher who's house we went to also happens to be Memphis' new 2nd grade teacher.  Memphis thought it was so cool to go to her house before school started.  
 We spent one day going to our favorite park.  Memphis loves this climbing pyramid.

 And Kayzee loves the spinning.

 We also found this hidden train park and had to try it out.
 My sister Annalyn found out they are expecting a boy.  Christmas can't come soon enough!
 Lehi finally got their own splash pad and we had to try it out too.  My kids didn't want to go but once we got there they didn't want to leave of course.

 I am still working out getting stronger every day!
 We found out some devastating news about my grandma Astle.  We knew we needed to make a weekend trip to Logan to go see her and my mom was staying for a few weeks so we went to help move some stuff to my grandparents new assisted living place.  We also found a new park for Memphis and Kayzee to get some energy out.
 Moving to the new place...
 Kayzee holding my cousin's new baby.
 And of course my kids had to take a bubble bath in my grandparents jetted tub before they sell the house.  I always put in too many bubbles.  OOPS!
 I went back to work on August 17.  The first day of school was officially August 22.  I started my 12th year of teaching!  CRAZY.  Also crazy...Memphis started 2nd grade!  I still can't believe he will be 8 and getting baptized soon.
 It was father's and sons' campout for our ward the next weekend and while Memphis and Daddy went camping, Kayzee and I went to Ross Jarvis' wedding reception.  I still can't believe this little boy I use to babysit and I was neighbors with growing up, and I lived with his family for a year before I got married, is old enough to get married himself!  I haven't seen him forever.  He is all grown up.  
 Kayzee had so much fun dancing there.  Here she is doing the YMCA...
 And here I am with his sister Jessica.  LOVE THIS GIRL!  We called each other sister growing up.  I baby sat her and taught her piano.  I loved living with her when I got engaged because she went wedding dress shopping with me because my family lived too far away.  Love and miss her all the time.  
 Congrats you two!
 I always forget how exhausting the first week of teaching school is.  Last year we didn't have to be at school till 9:00 but this year we have to be there at 8 for Memphis and I am still trying to get used to getting up earlier.  I definitely slept in this summer.  I went to bed at 8:30 every night the first week of school.  But I do love getting to work earlier instead of later like last year.  I don't start till 9:20 so I get everything done that I need to like grades and then we all get home by 3 instead of 4 so I have an extra hour to be with my kids and I have time to work out!
 The previous computer teacher at my school that our team became good friends with invited us to her baby shower.  We are so excited for her and her baby girl arriving soon!
 Every August I make my grandma Thorpe's famous chicken soup to remember her by.  I definitely miss her.  Making this soup made my house smell so good.  
 Kindergarten starts a week later so the teachers can get testing done so Kayzee's first day of Kindergarten was August 29th.  FINALLY both of my kids are in the same elementary school as me.  I LOVE having both of my kids in PE with me once a week and seeing their smiling faces around the school.  Can't believe my baby is all grown up.
 Remember my sister Alicia's baby that was born 13 weeks early and only weighed 2 pounds????  He turned 1 on August 29th!!!!!  He is the cutest thing and I miss him.  Wish they lived closer.  He is doing amazing!  Starting to walk holding on to things and has passed development tests.  He is an amazing miracle.  














 Thanksgiving Point by our house does $2 Tuesdays and you can get into the museums for $2.  Totally worth it.  Danny had never been to the dinosaur museum so we went there one night.  I was surprised it wasn't crowded so that was nice.


 NO HEADS!
August, ok summer, went by too quickly.  Fall is in the air and Kayzee's birthday snuck up on me too fast. We are in Blanding for the Labor day weekend and have been celebrating Kayzee all week.  More to come in another post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment