Memphis got a Jump-o-lene last Christmas from his Royer grandparents and we never use it so I thought it would be fun to blow it up and let all his friends play on it while us adults could have fun downstairs.
There was a bunch of boys and then our little Kayzee. She had just as much fun as they did!
Memphis got a lot of fun presents from his friends and he loves his magnet alphabet letters and train set from both sets of grandparents. He especially loves this new race track that I let him pick out.
The next day Kayzee had too much fun running around the house with all the balloons.
I was making dinner and it got really quiet in the living room and I came in and found both my kids reading in the jump-o-lene. SOOOO precious! Every mother loves seeing this:) So I climbed in and we read books for awhile. Memphis also loved sleeping in the jump-o-lene.
At his 3 year well-check-up he is growing like crazy:
Height: 3 feet 4 inches
Weight: 38 pounds
-He is also developmentally where he should be: knows his numbers, shapes, colors, can communicate in sentences, and can understand simple directions.
-He sleeps like a champ (8pm-8am) no naps except on rare occasions where he is just plain wiped out, knows names and who people are, is a really picky eater and sometimes doesn't eat but makes up for it at another meal his favorite food is pizza, ice cream cones, yogurt, nanas (bananas), and chicken knucks (nuggets).
-He is getting better at coloring in the lines instead of just scribbling.
-He is really good at puzzles, playing memory, and look and finds.
-He is very polite (always saying thank you), loves to give hugs and kisses (except maybe to his sister when he is really mad:)
He loves trains, pirates, planes, race tracks, singing songs (he has the sweetest little voice), going to nursery, playing Candyland, and watching morning cartoons on the TVB (that is what he calls the TV don't know why?) while we are getting ready for the day.
I LOVE MY MEMPHIS!
And I seriously LOVE Memphis at age 3. His tantrums are way less dramatic and somedays non-existent so that is nice. He listens and follows my directions. Whenever we go out he stays by me and if he starts to walk away he comes back when I ask him too:) He has the sweetest voice and I love talking to him and hearing him talk to me. We love to sing together and read books. He LOVES to learn new things and I have fun teaching him. He is so smart and can figure out technology all by himself and he doesn't get too hard on himself when he can't do something. He just keeps trying. He says the cutest prayers (I have to keep myself from laughing every time because he is saying them so seriously but it is just too dang funny to me!).
And he has a bit of my OCD and it is frustrating sometimes and also funny sometimes because the things he obsesses over that have to be just right are so random but so like me. For example, the other night we were putting him to bed and he climbed in and then became so upset because his iron man pillow was upside down so we flipped it over for him and then he was upset because half of the pillow had to be up against the bed frame and the other half had to be on the bed. It took us a while to figure that out. So weird but Danny just looked at me and I know I know he is just like me. He also freaked out that the Valentine rug we had out got messed up and one little corner was flipped up. He couldn't do anything else or go anywhere else till he straightened it. How does he catch on to this or is it just passed on from me? The world may never know.
Speaking of passing on things to our children...I was born with an umbilical hernia and so was Kayzee. I had to have surgery on mine when I was two so I am hoping (praying) that Kayzee does not have to have it. Danny has terrible vision (one eye is worse than the other) has to wear contacts and it seems Memphis may be the same. Here's hoping (and praying) he won't though...
Memphis's right eyelid has been drooping randomly for the past few months. At first I just kept trying to ignore it hoping it would go away but it happened every day. I asked people about it but everyone just kept telling me to stop worrying about it and he was just probably tired. I actually watched the clock every time it dropped and sometimes it happened 3-4 times a day and sometimes only once a day. And it happened at different times throughout the day. I also noticed Memphis would always push the eyelid back up or rub it till it stopped. I couldn't ignore it anymore (a mother's intuition?) so I asked his pediatrician.
His pediatrician was so glad I caught it and brought it up because I may have caught "it" early enough an eye specialist can help the problem so it doesn't get worse. And by "it" I mean whatever the pediatrician called the condition (I cannot for the life of me remember what he called it...started with a p ended with sis???) and it is genetic. I guess the eye drooping can get worse and his body will automatically decide to stop using that eye and he will only be using one eye for all his vision which then that eye can get tired and start to go bad too. I told Danny about all this and he said that he remembers his eyelid drooping when he was younger and now he thinks that is why one of his eyes is worse than the other. So Memphis has an appointment on Tuesday with an eye specialist so I will let you all know what happens and hopefully it will help him (fingers crossed).
HAPPY 3 YEARS OLD MEMPHIS!!! WE ALL LOVE YOU SO MUCH:)






No comments:
Post a Comment